Speaking at See# Party about Framework Design Guidelines
30 August 2010 - .NET
On saturday I had the opportunity to speak about Framework Design Guidelines at the conference See# Party in Switzerland. Here are the key topics that I covered in my session:
- How to decide whether to make or buy a certain component/framework?
- Common naming rules in .NET/C# libraries
- Live demo of StyleCop and Code Analysis (FxCop)
- Design principles for making libraries self-describing
- Example: Library design in LINQ (extension methods, functional parameters, etc.)
- OO-Design: Class or structs? How/when to use interfaces? Etc.
- Correct use of collections
- Exceptions in class libraries
- Why unit testing is important?
You can download the slides for the session here (German): See Sharp Party 2010 - Framework Design Guidelines.