Windows Azure Workshop at OOP 2011
24 January 2011 - Azure
Today I will do a workshop about the Windows Azure Platform at OOP 2011. In this blog post I want to summarize the most important resources that I have used in the workshop.
- You can get a free 3-week token for Windows Azure (without credit card) at http://www.microsoft.com/germany/net/WindowsAzure/TestAccount.aspx
- Here is the presentation OOP 2011 - Windows Azure Platform Overview I have used during the workshop.
- Here is the hands on lab sample I presented at the workshop (based on the sample I created together with Mario Szpuszta for Microsoft BigDays 2010).
- Download the Windows Azure SDK 1.3.
- The Windows Azure Training Kit is a great resource for self-learning.
- The tool I showed for accessing Windows Azure Storage is Cerebrata Cloud Storage Studio.
- For running the DevFabric you need to have a SQL Server 2008 R2 installed. You can get the free express edition of SQL 2008 R2 at http://www.microsoft.com/express/Database/.
Happy cloud computing!